Dr Irfan Bashir is one of the distinguished oncologists of Delhi. He has an experience of about 10 years in cancer patient management. He has done a lot of work in head and neck cancer and cancer of the cervix and has a special interest in lung cancer, brain tumours and prostate cancer. His work has been published in many reputed national and international journals. He has completed his Certification Course on treating cancer patients from St. Christopher Hospital, Sydenham, London. He also completed a certification course on Palliative care in Oncology at AIIMS, New Delhi.
- IMRT, IGRT and Rapid arc treatment for head and neck cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Gynaecological Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Soft Tissue, Sarcomas and Brain Tumors
- HDR Brachytherapy for Gynaecological Malignancies
- SBRT, especially for lung and liver lesions
- Gating for Left-Sided Breast Cancer
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- MBBS (ASCOMS, Jammu University)
- DNB (Radiation Oncology)
- Fellowship St. Christopher (London)
Awards and Felicitations
- Presented a poster at the 3rd ESTRO Forum in Barcelona, Spain, in April 2015.
- Poster presentation at the 9th SAARC Federation of Oncologists’ conference in Nov. 2014.
- Poster presentation on cervical cancer brachytherapy in 36th AROICON at Imphal in November 2014.
- Presented a poster at ESTRO 33 Congress (European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology) on “Hippocampal sparing whole brain radiotherapy” in Vienna, Austria, in April 2014.
- Poster presentation at Indian Cancer Congress 2013 held in Delhi in November 2013.
- Presented a paper and poster on radiotherapy in head and neck cancer patients in AROICON 2012, held at Kolkata on 1st December 2012.
- Paper presentation in the Biennial National Conference of Indian Society of Oncology on Flow cytometric Profile of Acute Leukemias held by ESMO (European Society for Medical Oncology) in Bhubaneshwar Orissa in February 2011.
- Lifetime member of the Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)
- Lifetime member of the Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO)
- Has been actively involved in organizing CMEs, symposiums, and health talks at various forums.
- He actively takes part in regular teaching of all the postgraduate students and planning the curriculum and is a faculty in Oncology at Smt. Lakshmi Bai Batra Nursing College for nurses.
- Has participated in various scientific sessions and presented many research papers at national and international conferences. More than 10 national and international publications are to his credit.