Applications are invited for admission to B.Sc (Hons) Nursing Programme 2020-2021.
About - Academic & Research
Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre (BHMRC), a trust hospital serving the people of Delhi since 1987, launched its Academics and Research Department on 5th September 2017. The department is headed by the Dean, Prof Upendra Kaul, a well-known Cardiologist and Academician with a Clinical Research team of more than 10 year`s experience in Clinical Research Operations. We have 50-plus investigators (Principal and Co-Investigators) and a total of 6 experienced coordinators at our site.
BHMRC is a NABH-accredited multispecialty hospital with 495 beds, including 79 critical care beds with 117 consultants, 12 junior consultants and 122 residents. It is a centre for excellence in the field of Cardiology, Oncology, Nephrology, Neurosciences, Gastrosciences and Joint replacement.
The mission of the department is to develop and share knowledge that improves the care of patients all around the world through innovation in clinical research, and the vision is to continuously engage ourselves in upgrading its comprehensive multi-speciality healthcare delivery system through quality intervention, involvement of all functionaries and excellent leadership. To date, we have more than 150 research publications.
Our institute has its own department of laboratory medicine, which is NABL accredited. It comprises clinical biochemistry, haematology, microbiology, histopathology and cytology.
BHMRC is committed to advancing medical knowledge through research. Investigators at BHMRC are involved in hundreds of clinical studies to test the effectiveness and safety of new therapies, medical and surgical devices, implants, and newer techniques to expand scientific and medical knowledge.
Similarly, our site has been involved in designing, planning and conducting over two hundred Investigators initiated clinical research protocols, including academic thesis, observation & preventive epidemiological and lifestyle modification trials.
We are one site with all the facilities for conducting clinical trials. We are also an Academic Research Organization (ARO) that helps the industry conduct good scientific research studies. Our researchers and operational teams have the independence to challenge the status quo and think beyond the traditional. Our experience makes our teams uniquely positioned to understand trial project design's operational, financial, and regulatory implications, bringing expertise to their roles in project management, life sciences, chemistry, nursing, and public health.
We provide end-to-end services like academic leadership to full-service clinical trial management capabilities, including site monitoring, data management, statistical analysis, safety monitoring, and clinical events classification, as well as clinical expertise, guidance on protocol development, and writing.
- Clinical trials: We can conduct all phases of drug and device trials in the following specialities: Cardiology, Oncology, Nephrology, Urology, Neurology, Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery, Endocrinology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedic, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Epidemiology.
- Investigator-initiated/sponsored studies: We can conduct multicentric, investigator-initiated trials from protocol writing, study management, safety monitoring, site monitoring, etc., to publications.
- DNB Program: Currently, we have over 100 DNB students in 14 specialities. Various innovative ideas are gathered from the DNB program, which can later be turned into clinical research protocols.
- Community-oriented research: We are involved in many community-oriented research programs. Currently, we are conducting a cervical cancer screening program in collaboration with Mobile ODT and World Bank.
- Ethics Committee: Batra Hospital and Medical Research Centre have its own institutional ethics committee, named "Scientific Research and Ethical Review Committee". It is registered under CDSCO with registration number ECR/295/Inst/DL/2013/RR-16. It is also registered under the Office of Human Research Protection and has received Federalwide Assurance(FWA) with registration number FWA00025883.
The broad scope of training provides a structure to facilitate and expand teaching and research activities to achieve continuous education in clinical research at Batra Hospital & Medical Research Centre.
- Provide training so that the research staff are up to date on the latest regulatory guidelines for clinical trials and biomedical research
- Provide a variety of training activities for physicians, which will create an environment of contemporary life-long learning, and meet the clearly defined needs in our changing healthcare environment
- Provide programs which aim to improve professional knowledge, skills, performance, and patient outcomes and encourage the commitment to humane professional behaviour and community needs
- Design educational programs to introduce new information, observational research concepts within BHMRC, and technical skills applicable to the therapeutic practices of speciality physicians by bringing the latest state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment advances to physicians
- Provide opportunities for our physicians, Nursing & paramedics to continue their lifelong learning
We provide an extensive three months internship program to pharma graduates, life science graduates, master/diploma holders in clinical research, etc.
We have a research and education collaboration with Amity University, Noida with the objective to foster academic and scientific collaboration in the fields of biomedical sciences, with a focus on academics and clinical and scientific translational research. We have been recently awarded DBT (Department of Biotechnology, under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) funded program in the field of Cardiology. We are working on other various specialties like Obstetrics and gynecology and oncology.
We have collaborations with various sponsors, CROs and SMOs for carrying out various clinical research studies like Abbott Vascular, Sahajanand Medical Technologies (SMT), Meril Lifesciences, Boehringer Ingelheim, IQVIA, Zydus Cadila, Cytespace, etc.